Parent InvolvementSaint Leo the Great Catholic School acknowledges parents and guardians as the primary educators of their children. The school also respectfully acknowledges that it has a special role and mission in that education by providing a caring, supportive atmosphere where students will grow academically, spiritually, and socially. Reciprocal communication is vital to this cooperative effort as is participation by parents and guardians in the programs and events sponsored by the school. Our school is fortunate to have families who believe that taking an active, and participatory role in their child's education is critical.
Parent Code of EthicsParents of students enrolled at Saint Leo the Great Catholic School will:
• provide moral guidance in nurturing the spiritual foundation of the child
• model the behavior and attitude of Christ
• abide by the guidelines set forth in the handbook
• respect confidential issues that may arise during volunteer time at school
• treat students, faculty, staff, administrators and other parents with sensitivity and respect
• assure that the child comes to school prepared both mentally and physically
• inform teachers of any problems or difficulties seen at home regarding homework or school
• attend all parent-student-teacher conferences, which are mandatory
• temper athletics and after-school activities with school commitments
• respect all decisions made by the administration and staff, both academic and disciplinary,
and directly express concerns and questions to them
Custodial and Non-Custodial RightsThis school abides by the provisions of the Buckley Amendment with respect to the rights of non-custodial parents. In the absence of a court order to the contrary, a school will provide the non-custodial parent with access to the academic records and to other school-related information regarding the child.
If there is a court order specifying that there is to be NO INFORMATION given, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTODIAL PARENT TO PROVIDE THE SCHOOL WITH AN OFFICIAL COPY OF THE COURT ORDER. Only an official copy of the court order will allow the school to deny the non-custodial parent information.
Parent OrganizationsThe Parents Club parent group association provides a social atmosphere through various gatherings to incorporate new families into the Saint Leo the Great Catholic School community. They assist the school through the implementation of pre-approved fundraising events, the annual fund, and provide opportunities for as many parents as possible to participate in various school events. Parents are encouraged to attend meetings and be an active member of the club.
The School Advisory Board of Saint Leo the Great Catholic School serves as an advisory board to the principal and pastor. It advises the principal and pastor in areas of policy, budget, and long-term planning. It is composed of nine (9) appointed members. The board does not act as an arbitration committee nor do they administer the school. The board assists the principal and pastor in setting fees and tuition, is advised upon the withdrawal of students from the school, confers with the principal, teachers, and other school personnel as appropriate.